Wednesday, September 28, 2016

A Teen Dream That's Not So Dreamy

Someone asked me why I hadn't posted any Everly Brothers.

It's because I like their immediate musical antecedents, Jim and Jesse, and The Louvin Brothers, a lot better. Search the tags and you'll see.

While The Everlys did a lot of terrific songs -- I really will have to make up for my laxity in posting the best ones -- there's a particular song of theirs I find profoundly disturbing. It's the one in this post.

See, of all the ways you could possibly 'have' a relationship, this has to be the worst, most destructive one of all. And, unless you're on the business end of an obsessed fan's gun, the person this kind of 'relating' inevitably destroys is you.

These are The Everly Brothers with "All I Have To Do Is Dream".


No comments:

Post a Comment